September 28, 2017
The SUV is the New King of the Ring
• Stelvio Quadrifoglio laps Nürburgring in record 7 minutes 51.7 seconds, fastest time ever posted by a production SUV
• Stelvio Quadrifoglio – the “halo” model in the lineup – continues to highlight Alfa Romeo’s performance expertise with best-in-class 505 horsepower, powering it from 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 285 kph (177 mph)
• State-of-the-art technologies, including Alfa DNA Pro selector, torque vectoring differential, Chassis Domain Control (CDC) and aluminum column-mounted paddle shifters, maximize the driving experience in all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
• The innovative Q4 all-wheel-drive (AWD) system – standard on all Stelvio models – provides additional driving confidence and superior control
• Stelvio Quadrifoglio goes on sale in early 2018
• Stelvio and Stelvio Ti on sale now with a Canadian MSRP of $52,995 and $54,995, respectively
• Alfa Romeo now holds two Nürburgring lap time records with Giulia Quadrifoglio (fastest four-door production car) and Stelvio Quadrifoglio (fastest production SUV)
• No other manufacturer offers a faster lineup of four-door production vehicles
September 28, 2017, Windsor, Ontario - Just ahead of its North American launch, the 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio has claimed the title of world's fastest production SUV, setting a new benchmark lap time at Germany's legendary Nürburgring. Earlier this month, a Stelvio Quadrifoglio lapped the 20.7 kilometre (12.9-mile) Nordschleife (north loop) in a record 7 minutes 51.7 seconds. This new benchmark time is a full eight seconds faster than the previous production SUV record. Video footage of the record-setting lap can be viewed on the Alfa Romeo YouTube channel at YouTube.com/AlfaRomeoUSA.
The Stelvio Quadrifoglio record was established by Fabio Francia, the same Alfa Romeo driver who also set the track record for the fastest four-door sedan in the world on the Nürburgring with the Giulia Quadrifoglio in a time of just 7 minutes and 32 seconds.
“We specifically engineered and designed the Stelvio Quadrifoglio to set world-class benchmarks and it did not disappoint with a world-record Nürburgring lap time of 7 minutes and 51.7 seconds,” said Reid Bigland, Head of Alfa Romeo. “We’re proud to now hold two Nürburgring lap time records with the Giulia Quadrifoglio as the fastest four-door production sedan and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio as the fastest production SUV.”
Infused with Italian passion, craftsmanship and innovation, the all-new Alfa Romeo Stelvio is designed to conquer the winding road for which it is named.
The heart and soul of this ultra-high-performance SUV is an all-aluminum, direct-injection 2.9-litre 24-valve twin-turbo intercooled V-6 engine, delivering a best-in-class 505 horsepower and 443 lb.-ft. of torque, and a standard Q4 all-wheel-drive system.
In addition to best-in-class horsepower, the Stelvio Quadrifoglio features segment-leading V-6 torque and the most horsepower per litre in its class.
Designed to optimize the all-new lightweight Alfa Romeo architecture, the all-aluminum 2.9-litre V-6 twin-turbo engine features a compact 90-degree layout and was holistically designed for a low centre of gravity within the chassis. The Stelvio Quadrifoglio also features a class-exclusive carbon fibre driveshaft and the most direct steering available.
Advanced technology features unique to the Stelvio Quadrifoglio include a four-mode Alfa DNA Pro selector with Race mode, torque vectoring differential, Quadrifoglio-tuned adaptive suspension, Quadrifoglio instrument cluster with 330 kilometre per hour (kph) speedometre and a cylinder deactivation system to maximize fuel efficiency.
Ultra-high-performance options for Stelvio Quadrifoglio include:
• Ultra-lightweight carbon fibre shell Sparco racing seats, providing maximum lateral support during extreme cornering thanks to more aggressive bolstering, and designed to be the lightest in the segment, while providing comfort for long road trips
• Ultra-high-performance Brembo carbon-ceramic material (CCM) brake system
With the all-new 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, where other SUVs stop at utility, Alfa Romeo took on the challenge to create the perfect mix of high performance, capability and design.
About FCA Canada
Founded as the Chrysler Corporation in 1925, FCA Canada Inc. is based in Windsor, Ontario, and celebrates its 92nd anniversary in 2017. FCA Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of FCA US LLC, a North American automaker based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA Canada has approximately 440 dealers and sells Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brands, as well as the SRT performance designation. The company also distributes Mopar and Alfa Romeo parts and accessories. In addition to its assembly facilities, which produce the Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan (Windsor), Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger (Brampton), FCA Canada operates an aluminum casting plant in Etobicoke, a research and development centre in Windsor, and has sales offices and parts distribution centers throughout the country.
Additional information and news from FCA US LLC is available at http://media.fcanorthamerica.com.